Beware thieves

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by GreenGal, Dec 20, 2013.

1. GreenGal

GreenGal New Member

This is something that never really occurred to me until a friend mentioned it yesterday. She said they no longer put their Christmas tree in the front window for everyone to see because it lets thieves know you more than likely have presents sitting right there and all they have to do is break the window to get them. It happened to her sister. Just something to think about.
  2. HouseMouse

HouseMouse New Member

I love the look of a Christmas tree in the front window, but this very thought occurred to me the other night as I was driving around, and looking at lights.
  3. Wow, that is awful. I live in an apartment, so I don't really have a window to put a Christmas tree in front of, just a balcony. But I will warn my family and friends about it next year.
  4. Housepedia

Housepedia New Member

That's terrible. We don't put our Christmas tree in the front windows, but lighted Christmas trees seen through the front window is one of the things I love about the season. It's such a beautiful thing to look at.
  5. GreenGal

GreenGal New Member

I agree. It is really pretty to see all the lights as you drive down the street. I guess the best thing to do is not to store all the gifts under the tree until the last minute and not make it so tempting. We leave our drapes open to show off the lights and anyone could walk by, peek in the window, and see a heap of presents just sitting there. Just something I'll probably keep in mind every year now.
  6. wreckedmess

wreckedmess New Member

That is true but it is not going to be something that stops us from doing it. Our tree goes up in the dinning room each year. All of our doors are always locked with deadbolts, plus the house alarm and if it happens when we are here they are going to need to get through a big old shotgun before they get their hands on my presents.
  7. GreenGal

GreenGal New Member

That literally made me laugh out loud. It made me think of little Ralphie and his Red Rider gun. "You'll shoot your eye out, kid." :D

[​IMG]