Better Homes & Gardens

Hypolita

I finally caught up on my Better Homes & Gardens magazines; I was about 3 months behind. I enjoy looking at the decorating ideas, although of course they tend to be more rustic. I should probably get a new subscription to a magazine that has a wider variety of decor.

craftykris

This is one magazine I don't like. There are just way too many advertisements in it. Do you ever change up your home to look like the magazine?

Hypolita

No, not at all. I don't care for many of the design ideas. I like looking at the paint colors and the food section most of the time. I get a lot of recipes from that magazine.

GoodEnough

I've been told that you should use the ads to get decorating ideas. Just not about whatever's being advertised. For instance, in a flooring ad, look at the furniture and walls. In an ad for couches, look at flooring.

Chandy

I used to subscribe to a couple of magazines, and that included Better Homes and Gardens. However, when the internet flourished, I found myself spending more time searching the web than flipping through the pages of my magazines to get ideas, so I decided to cancel my subscriptions.

missymay

I like Better Homes and Gardens, but I also do not like all the advertising. Since my home is very country, I like the decorating style often featured in the magazine.

Bridges

I like all the different architectural styles shown in that magazine. I'm kind of a house junkie/Do-It-Yourself kind of guy. It gives me a lot of good ideas on how to fix up things.