Do whatever

wreckedmess

Are others having this same thought? As much as we would love a perfect house with every room themed from the floor to the ceiling it is just not us. We like what we have but it is not a decorating masterpiece. Are others like this too?

Izzie

Our decorating scheme is called "toddler disaster area". When the kids get a little older we will probably decorate a little more, but until they stop coloring on the walls and leaving handprints on everything what is the point?!? I think our decorating will always be very eclectic though.

wreckedmess

I have a feeling no one really has a perfect house if they have kids or pets. We try our best to keep things in order but sometimes life happens. For the most part it looks nice (after we clean).

GreenGal

Mine doesn't look the way I would like for it to look but it is homey and comfortable. I suppose we all end up with things we've managed to accumulate through the years and there is no one I know that is willing to throw it all away and start over.

I am always slightly suspicious of people with perfect homes with everything in showplace order. I mean... where are the stacks of mail and the laundry hampers? Not one dish or glass in view anywhere. Does anyone live here?

Those are the people that spend three days preparing and cleaning for company and then act all nonchalant as if it ALWAYS look like that. :D

craftykris

I just go with what I like - what works for me. I have seen some really nicely decorated houses. They aren't for me. I like too many themes and styles.

MakeDoQueen

My house is a garage sale explosion. We have lots of trash-picked treasures, in varying stages of refinishing, along with thrift store finds and homemade stuff. Decor isn't something I worry about so much as comfort.

Housepedia

Our house isn't one of those you can feature in a home and decor magazine, but for now we are okay with how it is. We have plans to spruce it up a little, but it's not a priority right now.