Feng Shui

GoodEnough

Who knows anything about Feng Shui?

My new daughter-in-law keeps telling me I need to rearrange my house for better energy flow.

My son said that they had to take Feng Shui into account when they were house-hunting. Like being on a cul-de-sac is bad Feng Shui. I told him maybe so, but it sure is quieter, and safer for my potential grandchildren.

wreckedmess

I know very little about it myself but I would be open to learning. We sometimes rearrange things in our house but it is more to do with what our needs are at the time, not Feng Shui.

Housepedia

All I know about Feng Shui is that your things in your house have to be in certain spots and arranged in particular angles in order to balance the flow of energy. I have little knowledge of Feng Shui tips or rules though. I bet there is a long list of what and what not to do.

GoodEnough

The more my kids tell me about it, the more I begin to think it's probably not for me.
Putting furniture in certain places to balance energy flow is fine in open houses with a few pieces of plain furniture. A forty year old home stuffed full of inherited furniture (and clutter) is a whole different kind of challenge.
I do sincerely believe that clutter is bad for your Feng Shui. I know I feel better whenever I go through and declutter.

Bridges

I think it's a Japanese thing. I haven't heard that term in a long time. It used to be all over the net but seemed to have died down. It's supposed to give more positive energy to your house in the way you arrange things.

Brady

To me Feng Shui is just a bunch of boloney! The only harmony that I'm looking for when arranging my apartment is whether the arrangement will suit me visually.

GreenGal

As a concept, Feng Shui is beautiful with its uncluttered look and the open flow through the home.

As a reality, well, that is another story completely. I have a hard enough time trying to keep everything tucked away where it belongs.

I think I would feel much more comfortable in a home that is lived in rather than one that looks like it belongs in a magazine photo.