I won't buy wrapping paper

GreenGal

Sure the packages look pretty, but it is so wasteful, not to mention expensive, to buy rolls of paper just to see it fill a trash bag within a day or two.

We usually reuse gift bags and it's a running gag in our family as to who will get the same bag back that they gave out the year before.

I've been saving brown paper bags to cut and decorate to use for packages. What are some other wrapping ideas?

Housepedia

I am definitely with you on this. I try to do my share of preserving the environment by using less paper, and I am not happy when I see a pile of crumpled and torn wrapping paper. We do reuse gift bags or use glossy magazine pages to wrap presents.

Bella

We use wrapping paper, but I stock up on it at the after Christmas sales. I buy tons of it at 75% off and store it for the next year. As for all the trash we're left with on Christmas morning, that goes to help start the bonfire on New Year's Eve.

craftykris

I buy it some at 75% off too. I use this to wrap presents that leave our house. I use comic paper for the gifts that stay home. It's a great way to reuse something that I already have. My daughter saves the comics out of each Sunday paper.

OCDQueen

I buy it at the end of season at 75% off as well. We recycle so all the used paper goes to the recycling center, not the trash. We have saved it for bonfires too. We try to use everything as much as possible though.

GreenGal

I was thinking about using cloth material to tie around presents too. I have some extra bits and pieces that would be cute for smaller presents. How fun of an idea would it be to actually sew the cloth together around the box? Imagine the look on the recipient's face!

Last edited: