Peel & Stick tiles

OCDQueen

Has anyone used these peel & stick floor tiles before? I am looking to finish off our bathroom remodel but I don't want to blow a lot of money on it. Our bathroom is only about 5 x 8 and most of the floor space is taken up by the shower, toilet and vanity. It doesn't really matter what the flooring looks like, I just want to make sure it isn't going to peel up or break quickly.

tigereyes

I've used peel & stick before and I'll tell you, for a bathroom especially, use an adhesive with them. The humidity in the bathroom can keep them from sticking well. I would also use adhesive when putting them in any high traffic areas. The adhesive that comes on them just isn't that powerful.

Betty

I've used peel-n-stick tiles in the bathroom before and to be completely honest, I wouldn't recommend them. Like tigereyes said, the high humidity in the bathroom will cause the adhesive to disintegrate. Even if you use an extra adhesive with it, over time those tiles will come back up. We used peel-n-stick tiles on the wall and after about a year, they literally started falling off the wall, even with extra glue holding them up.

craftykris

You want to use something more on them. We used them in our downstairs bathroom and they came up quick. It's the steam or condensation in the room. The stickiness goes away quickly. We pulled them up last year and replaced them.

wreckedmess

I have read about them before but we ended up not using them and went with a slab style instead. We found a great deal and just could not pass it up.

OCDQueen

After reading this, I think I may just have to truck myself over to the local flooring store and try to find a linoleum remnant instead. I don't want to be replacing them in a year.

Bumbling

I'm also happy I read this because I thought peel and stick tiles were pretty cool and wanted to try them, but not so much now, after reading these reviews. I've always loved linoleum, especially with all the colors, designs, and durability they have these days. I think I will stick to linoleum, especially with high humidity in the south.

Hypolita

This is really interesting. My mother uses peel and stick tiles in her bathrooms and kitchens and she's never complained about peeling. They always look good when I show up to visit every other year or so.

missymay

I was looking at using peel and stick tiles on my back splash because some of them are very pretty. The gentleman at Lowes said that you need to super clean your surface and use a special glue that does not come with the tiles so that they will last.

MakeDoQueen

We have peel and stick in the bathroom and the kitchen. It wears just as well as regular linoleum but is much easier to lay down. As someone above mentioned, though, definitely use additional adhesive. The best part about peel and stick is if you do get a hole or gouge, you can replace just that tile, instead of the entire floor - always make sure to either buy an extra box, or save them if you have leftovers.