Real or artificial holiday tree?

GreenGal

We used to do real trees because we love the smell and the way they look. The last several years we've been putting up the artificial tree because we really don't want to spend $50 or more for something that will be tossed out. Plus, the clean up was a real pain and the needles would be everywhere.

Bella

The needles drive me crazy, but I have to have a real tree. The family outing to go pick it out is one of my favorite things to do during the holidays.

jason

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't had a real tree in years. It will be years more before I think I can talk the wife into getting one.

craftykris

Real all the way! It is part of the spirit of Christmas. We go together as a family and pick our tree and cut it down. I love the smell too. I will never get a fake tree.

wreckedmess

It has to be a real tree or it can not come in the house, that is our family rule. If we had a bigger place where we needed to have more than one tree I would go with a fake one but not as the only tree in the place.

Dylan

I'd love to have a real tree. We've had an artificial tree for many years now, but it's starting to look a little worn. I haven't put it up yet, so perhaps this year I'll give it a go. When I was younger, my family always had a real tree. I miss the smell.

GreenGal

We've bought those live trees that are still in a pot a couple times. We thought that would be the best option and we could plant it in the spring. Well, we haven't ever been able to keep them alive once we transplanted them into the ground even though we did manage to keep them alive in the pot all winter.

Bella

We've bought those live trees that are still in a pot a couple times. We thought that would be the best option and we could plant it in the spring. Well, we haven't ever been able to keep them alive once we transplanted them into the ground even though we did manage to keep them alive in the pot all winter.
I've been thinking about trying one of those, but I have a feeling ours wouldn't last once transplanted either. Although, I'm willing to give it a shot. How big is the biggest one you've gotten in a pot? Our tree usually averages nine feet and I haven't seen them that tall in the pots, but maybe I need to look harder.

HouseMouse

I am really looking forward to getting a real tree again this year, after many years of having an artificial one. The kids are really excited about it, as well.

GreenGal

Bella - The ones that we've gotten in pots are rather small. They are probably only about three feet tall. The perfect size for putting on a table and hanging a couple strands of lights.

OCDQueen

We are still trying to decide. We have been getting a real tree the last few years, but I to am tired of paying $50-$60 for something we are going to toss in a few weeks.