Taking Down Halloween Decor

Hypolita

Well it's the day after Halloween so I guess it's time to take the decorations down. I'm not sure I'll get around to it today, but I'm sure we definitely will by this weekend. Do you take down your Halloween decorations right away?

Bella

I decorate in the beginning of October for fall and everything stays up through Thanksgiving. I love to decorate, but I hate to take everything down. By decorating for fall instead of Halloween, I get to leave it all up for almost two months. I just wish I could justify leaving all the Christmas stuff up for a full two months!

slowmow

I took ours down today because I am cleaning the garage on Saturday. We only had 3 trick-or-treaters and I'm really thinking of skipping the decorations next year. I could get rid of those boxes and use the space.

Last edited:

Betty

We decorate for fall in general rather than decorating for Halloween/Thanksgiving specifically -- that way we can get away with having the same decorations up for about two months straight. ;) The decorations we have up now won't be boxed up until the last weekend of November, when we switch them out with Christmas stuff.

SusieQ

We used to go all out for Halloween and decorate everything inside and out. These days, I put out a couple of jack-o-lanterns and a door hanging and that's it. My pumpkins are put away and my door hanging is down. Easy clean up. :)

Hypolita

Well, I lied. We still have Halloween stuff up. :D We'll get it down soon though.

Bella, you can put up Christmas decorations for about 2 months. Put them up in mid-November and take them down after January 6. That's what we do. It may drive some people nuts but it makes me happy so I do it.

MakeDoQueen

Our Halloween decorations are still up but only because we haven't had time to take them down and put them away. We're working on it slowly all week and then will finish up on the weekend. Then Thanksgiving weekend, we will put out the Christmas decorations.

Chandy

We don't usually do Halloween decorations, but this year, we put up decorative scarecrows at our balcony. We saw them at the dollar store, and they were relatively cheap, so we decided to get them. And yes, we already took them down.

OCDQueen

I don't do Halloween decorations either. I usually just do seasonal decorations. I just put up the snowmen for winter. In a few weeks we will put up Christmas touches.